MEC Reflective Rain Jacket - Youths
Built for the wettest and murkiest conditions, this mid-thigh jacket is cut with sufficient room for insulating layers. Taped seams and a robust waterproof fabric will keep horizontal rain on the right side, while liberally placed reflective accents increase visibility in the gloom. The fabric offers moderate to low breathability, making this best for low-output activities like walking the dog or watching the soccer game in a downpour.
- Made of 200-denier oxford nylon with a breathable polyurethane microporous coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish, for heroic waterproofness.
- Seams are fully taped.
- Front zipper is covered with a storm flap that snaps closed.
- Peaked hood design combines good peripheral vision with serious weather protection, and is elasticized at sides to keep rain off the face.
- Two front pockets with storm flaps and snaps to keep contents dry.
- Elastic cuffs seal out wetness and drafts.
- Provides excellent visibility even in low light because of the 360-degree reflective elements: piping on shoulder flaps, both front pockets, and hood, as well as a reflective strip along the back hem.
- Cut is long, providing coverage to mid-thigh.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front cargo|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.