MEC Prophet Gloves - Unisex
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Designed for multi-day use and built for variable tending toward harsh conditions, these are excellent gloves for skiing, mountaineering, and alpine climbing. Our gear tester, Chris Geisler was wearing a prototype pair when he attempted a new route on the SE ridge of Cerro Torre. Descending from a high point just 60m from the summit, he pretty much trashed his test pair during a full night of rappelling through a whiteout, but he was still psyched about their fit, dexterity and durability.
- Shell is made of durable 4-way stretch woven nylon.
- Excellent DWR helps shed wetness.
- Waterproof-breathable insert.
- Goatskin leather palms for durability, with digital goatskin overlays.
- Kevlar stitching for superb dexterity and durability.
- Hyperloft insulation on the hand backs adds mid-range warmth, with Dryhand polyester lining to keep heat in.
- Wool fleece palm lining adds warmth without bulk.
- Under-the-cuff neoprene closure with Velcro tab customizes the fit and seals out the elements.
- Carabiner loop to hang from harness or for drying.
|Main fabric||100% nylon|
|Liner fabric||100% polyester|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
How to measure
- Hand length
- Measure hand length from the base of palm to end of middle finger.
- Hand circumference
- Measure around a flat hand at knuckles, do not include thumb.