MEC Prophet Gloves - Unisex
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Designed for multi-day use and built for variable tending toward harsh conditions, these are excellent gloves for skiing, mountaineering, and alpine climbing. Our gear tester, Chris Geisler was wearing a prototype pair when he attempted a new route on the SE ridge of Cerro Torre. Descending from a high point just 60m from the summit, he pretty much trashed his test pair during a full night of rappelling through a whiteout, but he was still psyched about their fit, dexterity and durability.
- Shell is made of durable 4-way stretch woven nylon.
- Excellent DWR helps shed wetness.
- Waterproof-breathable insert.
- Goatskin leather palms for durability, with digital goatskin overlays.
- Kevlar stitching for superb dexterity and durability.
- Hyperloft insulation on the hand backs adds mid-range warmth, with Dryhand polyester lining to keep heat in.
- Wool fleece palm lining adds warmth without bulk.
- Under-the-cuff neoprene closure with Velcro tab customizes the fit and seals out the elements.
- Carabiner loop to hang from harness or for drying.
|Main fabric||100% nylon|
|Liner fabric||100% polyester|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
How to measure
- Hand length
- Measure hand length from the base of palm to end of middle finger.
- Hand circumference
- Measure around a flat hand at knuckles, do not include thumb.