MEC’s premier modular backcountry mitt, made better yet. The synthetic palm and thumb have been upgraded to butter soft, tarmac tough goatskin. GORE-TEX® PACLITE® makes the shells even more breathable and supple, without sacrificing weatherproofness. These, and a host of other features, keep your hands happy when you’re pushing it hard skiing, mountaineering, or climbing.
- Fully seam-taped, waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX PACLITE shell fabric.
- Soft, supple, durable goatskin leather shell palms and thumbs.
- Oversized gauntlet for extra arm coverage when shells are worn alone.
- Ladderloc buckle and webbing wrist cinch.
- One-handed gauntlet cinch for easy open and close.
- Removable idiot cords.
- Removable liners feature nylon face fabric, textured Digital polyurethane on finger and thumb tips for grip, Boa® fleece and Hyperloft insulation on hand backs for maximum warmth, fleece palm linings for crushproof, low-profile insulation, and separate trigger fingers for enhanced dexterity.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.