Ticking classics in the Bugaboos or new routing in Patagonia, you know you need to move fast where good conditions are fleeting. This minimalist shell features two deep, hand-warmer pockets where you can stash accessories for quick access. The hood can be adjusted for coverage, mobility, and to give you clear sightlines of the route and encroaching clouds. A upgrade to the fabric gives it an assist with convective venting and increases the jacket's overall breathability.
- Clean, stitch-free construction is light and offers unrestricted movement.
- Helmet compatible hood has 3-way adjustments (left, right and front to back).
- Chin guard prevents chafing.
- Full front zipper backed with storm flap protects from harsh conditions.
- Pockets are positioned high to accommodate a harness. Mesh-lining assists with venting during hardworking ascents.
- Zippers are very water-resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend storing items inside the pockets that could be damaged if they get wet.
- Velcro® cuff tabs and articulated elbows improve overhead functionality.
- Left and right-side toggle adjustable hem for fit adjustments on the fly.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.