A rain-ready jacket with minimalist leanings and waterproof-breathable versatility. It’s designed for semi-urban adventures like ferrying between Gulf Islands or touring Portland’s brewpubs.
- Made of 100% 50-denier nylon, constructed in a 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable laminate. The ripstop face is treated with DWR and a polyurethane coating, while the inner layer features a custom striation print.
- Seams are fully taped.
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Attached hood is adjustable with a snap at rear, toggles at left and right, and a laminated brim to shed rain away from your face.
- Full-length front zipper has a storm flap secured with Velcro® and snaps.
- Chin guard is lined with a soft knit.
- Hem can be cinched closed with a cord toggle adjustment at left and right.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.