There are places in the backcountry where the sun seldom shines – even in the season loosely defined as summer. Before you set off for the mountains, stuff this compact, insulated jacket in your pack. You’ll be happy to zip into it when the wind blows snow or ice crystals down shaded gulleys.
Two types of insulation are strategically placed. PrimaLoft® ONE 100g polyester insulates the shoulders and neck for reliable performance where it’s likely to get damp from precipitation or compressed by your pack straps. Throughout the torso and sleeves, 800 fill-power down provides serious warmth.
- Shell is a 15-denier nylon ripstop with a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating.
- Quilted, sewn-through construction.
- Neckline sits prominently high, retaining heat and protecting your neck and the bottom of your head from icy blasts.
- Two deep handwarmer pockets.
- One zippered security pocket inside chest.
- Front zipper is full-length with an internal wind flap and chin guard to protect your skin.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.