If you must step outside into a deluge, these pants provide full weather protection but use a breathable interior coating. You can get where you need to go or get your chores done without waiting for a good weather window.
- Outer fabric is exceptionally durable and coated inside with microporous polyurethane laminate that's waterproof and breathable.
- All seams are taped for full waterproofness.
- Pull-on design with elasticized waist and Velcro® tabs for adjustments.
- Full length size zippers are covered with storm flaps for protection.
- Snap tabs at hems keep zipper ends secure.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Full-length leg zips with storm flap|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.