This is the bike you take when you set your mind to riding across Canada. With top-shelf Shimano® components and a traditional steel frame (coated in classic, British racing green) the National rolls in as our long-haul touring bike. Illustrated decals on the frame depict crests from all 10 provinces and 3 territories – tick them off as you trace routes, paths, ice-roads, and the Trans-Canada highway and rack up the kilometres.
- Reynolds 520 steel frame for a traditional, solid feeling ride.
- Larger diameter (700) wheels roll efficiently. 32mm tires protect the rims and resist pinch flats.
- Shimano® BR-B550 cantilever brakes are light and easy to maintain.
- FC-4603 Tiagra Triple Hollowtech-2 crank with Shimano® 12-30 10-speed cassette provide gear options for powering up the Rockies and spinning through the Prairies.
- Threaded fittings allow you to attach racks, fenders, and water bottles.
- Sold with a Fizik Nisene saddle.
- Shimano® Tiagra components.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.