Provides a vital link with your family or friends, or with rescuers during an emergency. It uses GPS for location and satellite phone networks for communication. Requires a yearly pay subscription service and a clear view of the sky to work. Smaller than the first generation, this beacon is about the size of a deck of cards.
- SOS function to notify emergency services of your GPS location and to request help. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts appropriate agencies worldwide (911 responders in North America and 112 responders in Europe.)
- Help function for non-life threatening emergencies, such as notifying your personal contacts that you need assistance. Additional SPOT Assist services can be purchased and programmed to the help button. When activated with SPOT Assist, the Help button will notify professional services either on the land or water. SPOT has partnered with national service providers to offer assistance.
- Check-in feature allows you to let your friends and family know all is well, Send a pre-programmed message and your GPS location via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts. Your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
- Custom Message feature sends friends and family a custom message along with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button.
- Track Progress (additional subscription required) allows you to send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress in near real time using Google Maps. With your SPOT account you have the ability to set up a SPOT Shared Page which shows your SPOT GPS locations to others on a Google Map.
- Dimensions are 9.4 x 6.6 x 2.5cm.
- Operates from -30 to 60°C and up to 6,500m of altitude.
- Humidity rated to MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond.
- Vibration rated at per SAE J1455.
- Includes three AAA lithium batteries, a case, and an armband.
- Note: battery life can vary greatly depending on operating environments; please check manufacturers instructions.