This full-sized backpack converts to a suitcase, for checking into respectable hotels and preventing your luggage from being mulched in a conveyor. If you’re really maxed out on gear or souvenirs, you can clip the detachable daypack to your frontside, using the clips on the shoulder straps. You’ll be better balanced and have easier access to the items in the daypack.
- Plastic framesheet, twin aluminum stays, and contoured, padded straps assure efficient load transfer and carrying comfort.
- Air dot foam back panel has a mesh cover for air circulation.
- Torso length adjusts in infinite increments for a precise fit.
- Zip-over flap covers the backpack straps in suitcase mode. The flap has a dedicated pocket when in backpack mode.
- Padded hipbelt has two zippered pockets and fabric hinges so it folds away easily.
- Four compression straps keep the load in tight.
- Sternum strap buckle has built-in whistle.
- Two padded carry handles for toting vertically or horizontally.
- Front horizontal pocket with key clip.
- Vertical envelope pocket holds documents.
- Main vertical front pocket unzips to expand for extra capacity when you need it and a lower profile when you don’t. (Adds 11 or 12L depending on size.)
- Main compartment has compression straps to hold your clothes in place, and a zippered mesh pocket on the lid for laundry.
- Seperate sleeping bag compartment can be sealed off from the main compartment with a drawstring closure.
- Glove friendly zipper pulls. Main compartment zipper pulls are padlock ready.
- Daypack has twin water bottle holsters, and a padded, air mesh covered back panel for comfort. It clips to the back of the pack, or across the front shoulder straps for overload backpacking.
|Main fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Hipbelt circumference||75-145cm (standard)|
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.