When you're flashing across the landscape you'll be protected from the elements, but not overheating in your layers. The three-layer fabric on the front and arms shields you from the wind. The front also incorporates mesh-backed ventilation channels to direct heat and water vapour away from your core. Two-layer fabric on the back keeps it from feeling stifling, and the natural stretch allows you to run, snowshoe, or ski completely unhindered.
- Fabric is 84% polyester, 12% polyurethane, and 4% spandex. 3-layer front with DWR finish on chest, shoulders, and arms. 2-layer back fabric.
- Stretch fabric panels under arms add breathability.
- Large front zips provide venting.
- Collar is designed to prevent moisture build-up.
- Front zipper with chin guard is backed with a draft flap.
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets for thawing fingers.
- Reflective MEC logo at cuff and shoulders.
- Adjustable drawcord waist.
- Music player cord routing from left pocket.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Cross-country skiing|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|