Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX Trail Running Shoes - Women's
Road running, trail running or roaming over trails, these weatherproof shoes are a good all around option. They provide a good combination of lightweight protection and durability with motion control, useful in the backcountry or for dealing with wet leaves on pavement or construction on urban sidewalks
- Uppers are fabric with synthetic panels, for support and abrasion resistance.
- Sensifit construction provides a secure precise fit.
- GORE-TEX Extended Comfort waterproof-breathable membranes.
- Gusseted tongues protect from mud and debris.
- Asymmetrical quick-pull lacing systems, with lace pockets.
- Protective rubber toe caps.
- Reflective highlights.
- Midsoles are triple-density EVA, for cushioning and support.
- Advanced 3D Chassis system with injected plates, provides protection and cushioning while keeping the feet low to the ground for maximum stability.
- Outsoles are running Contagrip® non-marking rubber.
- Women's-specific motion control.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|19.5 - 8.5mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.