The Aquilina is an update to the popular MEC Raven. It's a value-oriented down bag that serves you well for backpacking trips, mountaineering, or any sleeping outside opportunity in the summer months. It offers the compactness, long life and plushy comfort of a down bag, but the price is close to what you'd expect to pay for a synthetic bag with a similar temperature rating.
- Polyester shell with a DWR treatment to shed water. Nylon lining.
- Medium-width cut hits the sweet spot between room to move and thermal efficiency.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- Neck yoke and draft tube keep heat in and cold out.
- Small internal pocket holds glasses, headlamp, etc.
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls.
- Compatible zippers allow left and right zip bags to be joined together. You'll need two bags with similar shapes. MEC Aquilina and Merlin Bags won't zip together.
- Roll top stuff sack included.
- Women's version is slightly wider around the hips, shorter, and has narrower shoulders so you're not losing heat to empty space. Extra insulation in the critical chest and foot areas.
|Seasons||Summer (0°C to +15°C)|
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Face fabric||Polyester ripstop|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
|Packed size||20 x 41cm|
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.