The Aquilina is an update to the popular MEC Raven. It's a value-oriented down bag that serves you well for backpacking trips, mountaineering, or any sleeping outside opportunity in the spring, summer or fall. It offers the compactness, long life and plushy comfort of a down bag, but the price is close to what you'd expect to pay for a synthetic bag with a similar temperature rating.
- Polyester shell with a DWR treatment to shed water. Nylon lining.
- Medium-width cut hits the sweet spot between room to move and thermal efficiency.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- Neck yoke and draft tube keep heat in and cold out.
- Small internal pocket holds glasses, headlamp, etc.
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls.
- Roll top stuff sack included.
- Women's version is slightly wider around the hips, shorter, and has narrower shoulders so you're not losing heat to empty space. Extra insulation in the critical chest and foot areas.
|Seasons||3-season (-2°C to -12°C)|
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Face fabric||Polyester ripstop|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
|Packed size||25 x 50cm|
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|