There's history behind this design. The original Pedigree Jacket proved to be a durable and versatile outdoor piece. This alpine-specific variation uses a more weather-resistant fabric that actually provides better breathability overall and shines when you really drop the hammer. The Power Shield fabric adds some needed warmth in cold settings, but it doesn't add bulkiness that might get in your way or slow you down.
- Made of polyester, nylon Power Shield Pro that has a bonded polyurethane (PU) laminate and a durable water repellant (DWR) coating.
- YKK AquaGuard zippers are water-repellent with PU laminated tape to resolutely block out moisture.
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood has a stiffened brim that retains its shape and maintain your visibility.
- 2 chest pockets for easy access, and 2 handwarmer pockets to tuck into when your fingers need a break.
- Hook and loop elastic cuffs seal in the heat.
- Adjustable hem cord cinches out drafts.
- Back length is 27.5in. (medium) to fully cover your core.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.