A warm, functional layer for alpine climbs and ice routes. Pull it on at belay stances that leave you exposed to gusts, drips, and spindrift. The shell lets your internal moisture escape quickly, and a superb DWR treatment stops wetness from penetrating from the outside. The mapped Primaloft® insulation effectively puts warmth where you need and keeps it streamlined where you don't, providing a warm sheltering layer to rebuff savage conditions.
- Outer shell is water-resistant 20-denier nylon Pertex, hydrophilic and laminated with a polyurethane barrier.
- Lined with supple ripstop polyester.
- PrimaLoft One insulation is mapped to your body for warmth where it’s needed. 100g/sq. m through the body for core warmth; 60g/sq. m in the arms and hood to retain mobility. Baffle construction holds fill in place and prevents cold spots.
- Full-cover, helmet-compatible hood has a stiff brim to preserve sightlines.
- 3 chest pockets are accessible with a harness, 2 two internal drop-in pockets are big enough for spare insulated mitts.
- Articulated elbows and ergonomic cut allow a full range of movement.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.