For winter camping, puffy pants have no equal. These ones have a water-resistant nylon shell, insulated with PrimaLoft that provides an excellent barrier to cold and wet conditions. Awesome for hanging out in snow caves and settling in for a long night in a high-mountain bivy.
- Shell is 100% Pertex ripstop nylon, with 20-denier polyester laminate (non-taped).
- Lining is 100% mini ripstop polyester.
- 100g PrimaLoft is quilted to the lining instead of the shell to minimize external stitch lines, reducing cold spots and moisture penetration.
- Full side zippers with a two-way zipper for easy on and off over gear.
- Shock cord adjustment feature in the cuffs, as well as a snap closure on the cuff to keep snow out and seal warm in.
- Hidden snap opening for the fly.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Venting||Full-length leg zips|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.