An alpine jacket with DWR-treated down for less than $250, who does that? We do. The awesome DWR-treated down within this jacket retains its loft and all of its warmth – even on long trips when your gear is in and out of the pack and you risk building up moisture from the inside with daily wear. The down will stay dry, so you don't need to protect it by wearing another layer over top. To save space in your pack, the 800-fill down is still super compact and packable, making it and essential piece for extended tours or alpine expeditions.
- Face fabric is 20-denier ripstop nylon with DWR finish.
- Lining is smooth mini ripstop polyester.
- Insulation is 800-fill DWR-treated goose down. Baffled construction keeps insulation in place, preventing pockets of cold.
- High collar cuts the cold, and keeps the warmth in.
- Elastic cuffs and an adjustable cord at the hem prevent warm air from being lost when you move.
- 2 handwarmer pockets, 2 internal drop in pockets for larger items you want to keep warm and dry, and 1 zippered internal pocket.
- 60g PrimaLoft®PL1 insulated zipper flap reduces heat loss through the zipper.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories: