MEC Storm Degree Jacket - Men's
Wait out endless storm cycles around camp or hunker down at the belay in this weather-resistant parka. The breathable face fabric reduces internal condensation and repels water. Taped, welded baffles eliminate needle holes at the seam lines, creating even less chance for moisture or cold to get in. The jacket is stuffed with 800-fill power down that's DWR-treated to maintain its loft and warmth even through daily wear. You don't need to add another layer to keep the down protected from wetness and saturation.
- Outer face fabric is Pertex ripstop nylon with polyurethane laminate.
- Lined with durable ripstop polyester.
- 800-fill goose down is DWR treated to stop it wetting out and losing insulating value.
- Baffles are welded, so there are no seams to introduce cold spots.
- Helmet-compatible hood is fully adjustable. Reinforced brim.
- High collar with fleece lined chin guard.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, 2 zippered chest pockets, and 2 internal drop-in big enough to store insulated gloves.
- 60g PrimaLoft®PL1 insulated zipper flap reduces heat loss.
- Shockcord adjustable hem.
- Elastic cuffs with Velcro tabs keep debris, snow, and wind out.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||800 fill-power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.