MEC Storm Degree Jacket - Men's
MEC Storm Degree Jacket - Men's
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Wait out endless storm cycles around camp or hunker down at the belay in this weather-resistant parka. The breathable face fabric reduces internal condensation and repels water. Taped, welded baffles eliminate needle holes at the seam lines, creating even less chance for moisture or cold to get in. The jacket is stuffed with 800-fill power down that's DWR-treated to maintain its loft and warmth even through daily wear. You don't need to add another layer to keep the down protected from wetness and saturation.
- Outer face fabric is Pertex ripstop nylon with polyurethane laminate.
- Lined with durable ripstop polyester.
- 800-fill goose down is DWR treated to stop it wetting out and losing insulating value.
- Baffles are welded, so there are no seams to introduce cold spots.
- Helmet-compatible hood is fully adjustable. Reinforced brim.
- High collar with fleece lined chin guard.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, 2 zippered chest pockets, and 2 internal drop-in big enough to store insulated gloves.
- 60g PrimaLoft®PL1 insulated zipper flap reduces heat loss.
- Shockcord adjustable hem.
- Elastic cuffs with Velcro tabs keep debris, snow, and wind out.
The space we are taking over provides great potential to bring the MEC brand to life inside and out.
The design will be in-keeping with the new architectural embodiment of the MEC brand, with extensive use of wood on both the inside and outside of the building. Green building features will include a high-performance building envelope and heating, cooling and ventilation (HVAC) system.
All MEC facilities are subject to our internal green building program, which establishes minimum performance standards. MEC Laval will be no different.
Two of the most important aspects of green buildings are the building envelope and the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (or HVAC) system. The Laval store will provide R40 and R60 thermal performance in the walls and roof, respectively, and feature a best-in-class roof top HVAC system.
Energy efficient lighting will also be used throughout the store. Plus, Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) will be purchased for all energy consumed by MEC Laval.
MEC aims to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts in our stores. Learn more about our green buildings.
|Insulation||800 fill-power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.