MEC Light Within Jacket - Women's
When the light starts to fade this fall, it’s up to you to create your own warm glow. This weather-resistant goose down jacket will keep you snug when the wind starts tossing snow and ice crystals around.
- Body fabric is nylon with a recycled polyester lining.
- Insulated with high-quality 600-fill power goose down.
- Low-profile insulated hood with elastic front keeps the cool wind out and your ears warm.
- 2 zippered fleece-lined front handwarmer pockets, good for numb hands and cellphones.
- Inner cuffs inside sleeves prevent drafts from creeping in.
- Back length is 86cm. (medium)
- Sleeve length from centre of neck to bottom of cuff is 86cm (medium)
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||600 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.