MEC Toaster Parka - Children
The comfort of the youngest members of your tribe can make or break a family’s winter trip. As its name implies, the Toaster provides much needed warmth in cold temperatures. Thoughtful details include soft trim around the neck and pockets, reflective piping, zipper pulls that can be grabbed with mittened hands, and insulation that's tapered in the arms, so movement isn't limited .
- Shell is 100% 2-layer nylon woven ripstop with a polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be not fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Printed, striped lining glides over layers. Made of 100% recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 300g MEC™ Hyperloft in the body to keep the body core warm, and 240g Hyperloft in the arms and hood for freedom of movement.
- Trimmed with 360-degree reflective piping on hood, chest, and arms.
- Hood has internal elastic to seal in heat.
- Fleece lined collar with a fold-over chin guard for comfort and warmth.
- Full-coverage storm flap on front zipper, secured with hook-and-loop closure.
- Elasticized cuffs have internal storm cuffs to keep old cold and snow.
- Two handwarmer pockets with zips. Ski pass attachment in right pocket.
- Patch pocket on arm.
- Large internal drop-in pocket.
- Durable, child-friendly zipper pulls.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.