MEC Toaster Bib Pants - Children
Warmth for small skiers and riders who want to stay out through cold wind and wet snow. These insulated pants offer warmth and weather protection when there's fun to be had in foul conditions. They have room for layers and full side zips so they're easy to get on and off. Variable thickness insulation allows ease of movement and the fleece lining makes them warm and comfortable.
- Shell is 100% 2-layer nylon woven ripstop with a polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be not fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Lining is 100% recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 240g MEC™ Hyperloft, 160g in the bib for freedom of movement.
- Side zips are backed with storm flaps to keep out the snow, wet, and cold.
- Adjustable shoulder straps allow for growth spurts and thicker or thinner layers underneath. Snaps make them easy to remove and put back on.
- Reinforced knees, seat and ankle cuffs provides added durability.
- Articulated knees for ease of movement.
- Internal fleece lined trim on centre front and back.
- Centre front pocket secured by hook-and-loop closure to store treats.
- Internal gaiters have grip elastic to cinch around boots and keep out snow.
- Internal hand-me-down ID label.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.