MEC Toaster Bunting Suit - Infants
This insulated one-piece suit is great for winter activities like riding in a ski sled, child carrier, or bike trailer. It works well for playtime too. The seams are not fully sealed, so it's possible for water to work its way in through the seams in heavy rain, but the treated fabric will easily shed wet snow, splashes, and light rain.
- Shell is 100% 2-layer nylon woven ripstop with a polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining is 100% nylon recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 240g MEC™ Hyperloft, which stays warm even when wet.
- Attached hood is toggle free for safety.
- Interior fleece-lined collar provides warmth and comfort.
- Dual front zippers allow for easy on / off and quick diaper access. Zippers have full coverage storm flaps to keep out the cold.
- Elasticized wrist with polyester fleece storm cuffs and integrated mitts for additional warmth and protection.
- Internal gaiters have fleece storm cuffs to seal out snow.
- Raglan sleeves, articulated knees, and a gussetted crotch for easy movement.
- Elastic at back of waist.
- Hand me down ID label.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Internal gaiters|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.