MEC Toaster Suit - Children
Full coverage and warmth for small skiers and riders who want to stay out through cold wind and wet snow. This classic, one-piece suit offers warmth and weather protection when there's fun to be had in foul conditions.
- Shell is 100% 2-layer nylon woven ripstop with polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain
- Lining is 100% recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 300g MEC™ Hyperloft, 240g in the sleeves and hood for freedom of movement.
- Attached hood is toggle free for safety.
- Interior fleece lined collar provides warmth and comfort and the fold-over chin guard prevents chafing.
- Elasticized cuffs with internal storm cuff to keep out the cold and snow.
- Dual front zips allow easy on/off and have external weather flaps.
- Front zippered pocket provides safe keeping for special treasures.
- Reflective piping across arms and hood. Patch on arm has reflective embroidery for heightened visibility.
- Loop at waist holds a ski pass.
- Articulated knees.
- Reinforced knees, seat and ankle cuffs provides added durability.
- Internal gaiters have grip elastic to cinch around boots to keep out snow.
- Durable MEC zipper pulls.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||300g/sq. m polyester (body) + 240g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.