When temperatures dip and snowflakes start to fall, this warm coat is key to getting on with sliding, tromping, and playing. Ideal for daily wear and for skiing and snowboarding excursions. It's waterproof and breathable, insulated and has a soft fleece-lined collar that's comfortable even when zipped right up to the chin.
- Outer shell is nylon with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable coating. It offers protection from snow and rain, but the seams are not taped, so it won't be fully storm proof.
- Printed lining and quilted side panels make it distinctly feminine.
- Insulation is Hyperloft (200g in body and 160g in sleeves, for mobility).
- Attached hood has an adjustable cord in the back to keep it snug in the wind.
- Fleece lined collar provides warmth and comfort. Fold-over chinguard prevents the zip from touching skin.
- Front zip has a storm flap secured with a snap and hook-and-loop closures.
- 2 side-entry handwarmer pockets and an internal pocket have zip closures. Ski pass holder in left pocket.
- Inner cuffs inside sleeves prevent drafts from creeping in.
- Aubergine version has a built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector. It allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||Multiple synthetic weights; see product description|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|