The big platforms on these pedals lend themselves well to downhill runs. They have Crank Brothers’ rugged Egg Beater technology integrated into their design.
- Spindle is forged SCM435 chromoly steel.
- Platform is aluminum.
- Wings are carbon steel.
- Spring is 300-series stainless steel.
- Kick plates are stainless steel.
- Cleats are premium brass.
- Release angle is 15 to 20 degrees.
Clipless pedals require compatible cycling shoes, flat pedals work with any type of shoe, pins add grip to flat pedals, and some clipless pedals have a flat pedal on one side so you can mix things up.
Degrees of float
Float allows side to side movement of the foot while the foot is clipped in. This promotes comfort and helps prevent knee problems.