Like all single speeds, the Skyway is a different sort of bike that rolls through the urban hullabaloo without fuss or fanciness. For this season, we refreshed the rim colour and made it a more practical ride. It now has brazons so you can mount fenders, a stealthy low-maintenance belt drive, and road handlebars to vary your grip options. We also gave it a more relaxed frame geometry, so you can load it up with text books or groceries and have an easier pedal home.
- Reynolds 525 steel frame for tradition and a sweet ride.
- Belt drive is virtually maintenance free and extremely quiet.
- 700 x 25mm tires provide low rolling resistance.
- Tektro R530 brakes (rim brakes) provide great stopping power.
- Braze-ons make it easy to attach racks, fenders, and water bottles.
- Wellgo track pedals with toeclips and straps help keep your feet on the pedals.
- MEC Ergo road handlebars provide lots of grip options.
- MEC Track saddle.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Reynolds 525 steel|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 31.8mm +/- 7º|
|Headset||FSA Orbit X|
|Handlebars||MEC Road 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R525 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro R525|
|Crank + rings||FSA Vero w/50T Gates ring|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PowerDrive|
|Pedals||Track w/clips + strap|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Gates Cog 20T|
|Chain||Gates Belt 115T|
|Rims||Alex Race 32|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport 700 x 25|