Scarpa Alien Ski Boots - Unisex
Successor to the F1 without the bellows, the Alien is a specialized randonee racing or lightweight, traverse-oriented touring boot. Designed for travelling at warp speeds, the Alien’s 100% polyamide construction is lighter, stiffer, and offers better skiing performance over the previous F1 model. A good choice for the light and fast minimalist or race specialist.
- Polyamide shell and cuff.
- Single lever operated forward lean speed lock and BOA lower shell lacing closure.
- HRP Intuition liner provides lightweight comfort out of box or therformed for custom fit.
- Forward lean is fixed at 13 or 18 degrees.
- Vibram UFO rubber sole for hiking.
- Compatible with tech bindings only, not compatible with step-in bindings.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Lower shell material||Polyamide|
|Shell cuff material||Polyamide|
Alpine Touring: with tread; compatible with DIN touring bindings. Alpine Touring Tech (Tech): with tread; compatible with G3 Onyx and Dynafit. Downhill: without tread; compatible with freeride/downhill bindings.
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
Range of motion
The range of motion of the boot when in hike mode.
The width of the interior of the boot shell across the widest part of the forefoot.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|
A mechanism that allows to release the boot cuff to switch to tour mode.