Untether your iPod®, iPhone®, or Android™ OS smartphone from the grid. Connect it to a global satellite network from almost anywhere on the planet, using the subscription-based service from SPOT. Update your Twitter, Facebook, or SPOT Adventures page so your family and friends are at peace (or envious). Request non-emergency assistance from contacts or professional service providers. In a critical emergency, you can send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance, even if your phone isn’t working.
With an additional service plan, you can type and send custom messages (41 character) or predefined messages (120 characters), and update the Track Progress functions on Google Maps or SPOT Adventures page.
The Connect hooks up with your phone using Bluetooth. A smartphone app gives you easy operation and detailed status info.
- Compatible with Apple iPod Touch® (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone® 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Android™ Platform 2.0 or later.
- Operating temperature is -25°C to 60°C.
- Altitude range is -100m to 6500m.
- IPX7 waterproof rating.
- Bluetooth range is about 10m.
- GPS accuracy is 10m.
- Uses 2 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X (L91).
- Dimensions are 7.6 x 6.6 x 3.2cm.