If the steep couloirs look inviting, here's a pack designed to rack gear and hoist skis. It's built to carry your skis rigged A-frame style or slung diagonally across the back, and is tuned to carry a hydration system, snow safety gear, a helmet, and tools. Go, get at it.
- Removable wire frame and frame sheet transfers load to hips.
- Hipbelt height is adjustable for a custom fit.
- Brightly coloured inside pocket for probe and shovel, complete with bilingual CAC rescue instructions on a waterproof sheet.
- Hydration ready with an insulated tube holder on shoulder strap, so you’re not frozen out from your water.
- 2 loops for securing your helmet.
- Zippered hipbelt pocket holds energy bars, point-and-shoot camera, etc.
- Twin hipbelt gear loops.
- With skis attached on sides, a reinforced bottom loop reduces the load on the adjustable strap.
- Stow-away straps on bottom and top let you carry your skis diagonally rather than A-frame style.
- 4 loops on back for snowboard attachment kit (available separately).
- Twin holders carry classic or hammerless ice tools, and allow single-handed removal while skis are attached. Bottom attachment point is reinforced against pick abrasion.
- Glove-friendly oversized zipper pulls.
|Main fabric||210-denier Velocity nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.