An AT-style binding for enhanced downhill performance. The lightest of its type, it provides the same resistance-free heel as the original Switchback, to save valuable energy and make trail breaking easier. This X2 has a pulled-back pivot point and stiffer springs let you engage more actively on the downhill. Pole accessed levers let you switch modes effortlessly. Dual-height heel lifts accommodate ascents of varying steepness.
- Pivot is 28.6mm further back from existing Switchback, with 25-30% stiffer springs, more rigid heel lever assembly, new dimensions and stiffer plastic.
- Full-wrap around stainless steel toe plate is rivet-free for reliability.
- Enclosed design eliminates ice build-up.
- Appropriate riser height is 25mm
- Hardwire heel assembly is field proven and stronger than braided cables.
- Dual height heel lifts are +65mm/100mm on men’s model, +65mm/80mm on women’s.
- Short rod fits mondo size 24 to 26.5.
- Standard rod fits mondo size 27-31.
|Ideal for||Telemark skiing|
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
|Heel lift compatible||Yes|
Releasable bindings allow the boot to release from the ski in the event of a fall or the skier being caught in a dangerous situation such as a slide.
For skinning up and travelling across flat terrain, touring mode releases the tension in the cable to allow for easier walking action.