A friend to sailors for almost three centuries, the peacoat knows all about braving the elements. This one is designed for life in fast forward, and encourages fluid mobility while you're snowshoeing around the neighbourhood or tacking across Lake Diefenbaker.
- Made of synthetics blended with 13% wool to shed water and keep you warm.
- Back vent for freedom of movement when you're striding out.
- Two zippered hand-warmer pockets with closure flaps.
- Decorative stitching along the back of the collar.
- Faux belt at the back and faux button closures on the cuffs.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.