Designed for comfort in all conditions and particularly for the unpredictable conditions of rescue work. The shell absorbs shock and deflects falling objects. A strong chin strap is rated for falls that generate 50daN. The fit system accommodates a hat and it keeps the helmet centred on your head.
- CenterFit adjustment system ensures the helmet stays centred and at its most stable angle.
- 6-point point mesh webbing suspension system is comfortable and adapts to all head shapes.
- 2 thicknesses of foam bands included for custom fit.
- Ventilation holes have sliding shutters to adjust airflow and temperature.
- Side slots let you add or accommodate hearing protection.
- Clips secure a headlamp with an elastic headband.
- Inserts work with a Petzl Vizir face shield.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).