Vibram® brings their famous FiveFinger barefoot feel to runners. The Bikila allows a more natural and efficient forefoot strike while offering a bit of plating protection under the ball of the foot.
- Synthetic uppers with an adjustable hook-and-loop closure.
- Padded ankle collars for comfort.
- Midsoles are 3mm polyurethane, thickest under the ball of the foot for forefoot strike protection.
- EVA arch supports follow foot contour and reduce weight of outsoles.
- Outsoles are anatomical pods made with Vibram TC-1 performance rubber to distribute forefoot impacts while allowing ground feedback.
|Ideal for||Road running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|2 - 2mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.