Vibram® brings their famous FiveFinger barefoot feel to runners. The Bikila allows a more natural and efficient forefoot strike while offering a bit of plating protection under the ball of the foot.
- Synthetic uppers with an adjustable hook-and-loop closure.
- Padded ankle collars for comfort.
- Midsoles are 3mm polyurethane, thickest under the ball of the foot for forefoot strike protection.
- EVA arch supports follow foot contour and reduce weight of outsoles.
- Outsoles are anatomical pods made with Vibram TC-1 performance rubber to distribute forefoot impacts while allowing ground feedback.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|2 - 2mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.