This lightweight jacket offers casual comfort for travel or noodling around town on rest days. It also make a fine layering piece when worn under a more robust shell. The soft fabric gets a functional boost in the form of zippered handwarmer pockets, and a chest pocket and cuffs that snap closed.
- Made of organically grown cotton.
- Drawstring hood cinches out drafts, handy when you're standing on the ferry deck looking for whales.
- 2 front zipped handwarmer pockets with mesh linings for venting.
- 1 snap chest pocket for storing small stuff.
- Snap cuff closures let you roll up the cuffs without stretching them out of shape.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.