From sandstone cracks, to granite walls, to ice-choked chimneys, this lightweight soft shell is a dependable outer layer. When you're generating moisture vapour, it breathes, and when you encounter thawing conditions, it dries out quickly. It's suited to environments where you need to keep control over your micro-climate, so you can concentrate fully on the adventure at hand.
- Made of a supple, stretch-woven polyester that provides excellent breathability and high wind-resistance.
- Deluge® DWR finish sheds snow and moisture.
- Microfleece lined neck and wind flap provide next-to-skin comfort.
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets, set high on chest.
- Hook and loop cuff closures secure the fit even when you reach overhead.
- Drawcord hem for on the fly fit adjustments.
- Patagonia® regular fit.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Polyester + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.