If bitter north faces, windswept ridges, and high alpine bowls are your bag, then this jacket is your cup of tea. Made of windproof soft-shell fabric, the Adze suits full-conditions climbing and cuts off Artic outflow or Foehn winds. The flexible fabric still offers useful mobility and a durable outer layer for rocky, icy settings.
- Made with Polartec® Windbloc® stretch-woven polyester for windproof protection.
- Microfleece lined neck and wind flap keep harsh conditions out and provide next to skin comfort.
- Two reverse coil zippered hand pockets and one internal zippered chest pocket provide secure storage of essentials.
- Low-profile gussetted cuffs slide under gloves or outer layers.
- Drawcord hem helps eliminate heat loss.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Polyester + spandex|
|Lining/backer||Polyester + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|