Soft but strong, smart yet simple, this generalist jacket is a beautiful thing to behold. A welcome layer for urban meandering and front-country encounters with social animals, it won't look out of place in a Himalayan hut, around the firepit at the cottage, or perusing the secondhand bookstore. It's built to last, with thoughtfully placed pockets, durable canvas and classic lines that just might add up to an heirloom piece you'll pass on to the next generation, along with your comic book collection.
- Made of 100% organically grown cotton, in a washed canvas with a soft hand.
- Full front zipper is concealed behind a button placket.
- Wind flap and stand-up collar keep the evening chill off.
- Two flapped chest pockets.
- Two welted handwarmer pockets.
- Two internal drop-in pockets.
- Cuffs close with a single button.
- Tabs at hip let you adjust the fit.
- Cut to hip-length, with a slightly loose fit to allow room for layering.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.