The shape of this hybrid axe provides good clearance when pressed into service on steep snow or ice. The curved shaft helps prevent knuckle impact when swinging. An adaptable, 2-position Trigrest hand platform adjusts without tools to improve the efficiency of your grip. Lower it to facilitate progression in steep sections. Raise it to allow the shaft to penetrate the snow.
- Aluminum shaft is made of extruded, ultra-light aluminum with a curved upper section.
- Alpix 3.5mm pick is hot-forged chromoly steel. Curved for good penetration in ice and for solid hooking on rock.
- Interchangeable pick secures with a unique screw lock system.
- Stainless steel head has a wide oval hole for clipping a biner.
- Stainless steel spike with a clippable hole.
|Ideal for||Ice climbing|
|Head type||Hammer modular|
|Length||52 cm or 43cm|