The Elia design is sized for women and uses narrow webbing that can be adjusted and positioned for both comfort and security. The low-profile shape and range of adjustment allow it to sit comfortably on smaller-sized heads. The shell combines hard plastic and light, dense foam to absorb impact either from contact with the rock or from falling rock or ice.
- Injection moulded ABS shell is lightweight and durable.
- Expanded polystyrene liner absorbs impacts.
- Omega system adapts to pony-tails.
- Foam liner is removable and washable.
- Adjustable chinstrap, nape height, and headband offer an extremely comfortable fit.
- Chin strap position adjusts forward or backward and a side-release chin strap buckle is positioned off to the side.
- Headband adjusts with two lateral buttons and the Y-shaped webbing straps that can be adjusted around your ears.
- Headband folds into the shell for storage and transport.
- Side openings provide ventilation.
- Headlamp attachment uses 4 sensibly placed clips.
- Not compatible with Petzl® Vision face sheild.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).