All the sensitivity and lightness of barefoot runners with the traction and protection you need for long singletrack runs. Your lightweight edge on race day.
- Uppers are synthetic mesh.
- Midsoles are Acteva® foam that's 12% lighter than standard foam but still exceptionally durable.
- Internal shanks support your arches.
- RockStop® flexible layer blunts the impact of rocks and roots by dispersing shock energy.
- Outsoles are aggressively lugged sticky rubber for grip across changing terrain.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|19 - 15mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.