This update to our long-time member favourite, the classic Kootenay 5, is once again being made in Europe. The uppers are now waxed suede, with GORE-TEX® linings for full waterproofness. What hasn’t changed? The midsole and outer design, and the Brecon’s ability to take tough terrain, easy backpacking, the occasional mountain trek, and a good-sized load in stride.
- Uppers are 2.2mm waxed suede.
- GORE-TEX Performance membrane keeps the water out while allowing breathability.
- High-quality padding around tongues and ankles for cushioning.
- Toe bumpers protect your feet and the boots.
- Midsoles use Mammut Rolling Concept to promote a natural gait, provide support and damping and reduces fatigue.
- TPU inserts in soles add arch support.
- Outsoles are cushioning Vibram MT® with grip zones at toes and heels for adhesion, deep treads for grip, and self-cleaning channels.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.