A pack of 4 Elios helmets, great for climbing clubs or groups of canyoneers, and cavers. The popular design has a low-profile shape and a range of adjustments that allow it to sit comfortably on most people's heads. The shell combines hard plastic and light, dense foam to absorb impact either from contact with the rock or from falling stones and ice chunks.
- Injection moulded ABS shell is lightweight and durable.
- Expanded polystyrene liner absorbs impacts.
- Precise headband adjustment with two push-buttons and Y-shaped webbing straps that can be adjusted around your ears.
- Headband folds into the shell for storage and transport.
- Ventilation holes make it comfortable in hot conditions.
- Headlamp attachment uses 4 sensibly placed clips.
- Compatible with Petzl® Vizion face shield.
- Includes 4 helmets (size 1 available in white only, size 2 in orange). Available online or by phone. Not sold in stores.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).