When in a hunting dive, the peregrine falcon is considered the fastest bird on the planet, and these performance trail runners pay homage to that raptor. They have a minimalist design, but are built for impressive speed, responsiveness, and traction on uneven surfaces. When put through their paces by MEC staff, Peregrine 2 was given a resounding thumbs up.
- Uppers are a synthetic mesh for breathability, with a premium sockliner and a gusseted tongue to keep debris out of the shoe.
- HydraMAX® lining in the collar wicks moisture effectively, and makes a soft touch next to the skin.
- HRC+ Strobel Board has a 1.5mm layer of EVA-based memory foam for an extra comfortable ride.
- Gaiter compatible for when you want that extra layer of protection.
- Midsoles are built with Progrid LITE® in the heel, more responsive than EVA, making it very effective at dissipating shock and absorbing impact. They also feature an EVA foam blend that maximizes shock absorption and extends durability.
- Heel-to-toe drop is 4mm.
- External Bedrock Outsole® places a shield between the midsole and outsole to protect your foot from stone bruises.
- Outsoles are high-traction rubber and XT-900®, a carbon rubber outsole material offering outstanding abrasion and super grippy traction on untamed surfaces.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.