A long-time favourite of expedition mountaineers and skiers. The Lightfield’s stretched geodome frame hugs the ground and is streamlined, so it ducks most of the punches when the wind is bullying. The two vestibules make stormbound lives infinitely more tolerable. One is twice as long as the other: the deeper one makes a good storage/cooking area; the shallower one is an excellent airlock for exits and entries.
- Zip-out skylight in canopy top is adjustable for air circulation.
- Two vestibules: the deeper one makes a good storage or cooking area, the other is an excellent airlock for exits and entries.
- Pole clips allow quick set-up and good ventilation.
- New U-shaped doors in canopy improve ventilation.
- Guy lines are stronger, reflective, and have mitt-friendly tensioners.
- Pegs are a mix of Easton Gold round pegs for easy driving, and Y cross-section aluminum pegs for maximum strength and holding power.
- Internal guy line anchors for rigging in extreme conditions.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.04m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||54 x 18 x 18cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.4sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.