We sent our ever-popular Gemini to fitness camp. Now called the Volt 2 A/C, it’s faster, lighter, sharper looking, and better outfitted. Yet it still delivers the living room and three-season solidity that made the original a hit. In your pack or strapped to your bike rack, it’s barely noticeable. In camp, it’s conspicuously spacious and comfortable.
- One-piece pole set with a centre hub assembles quickly and easily.
- Crossed-wedge design and upper crossed poles provide generous headroom and great stability.
- Light grey fly is low key and low profile.
- Translucent fly, light coloured canopy, and fluoro-green floor keep the interior ambience upbeat even in dull weather.
- All mesh canopy optimizes ventilation.
- Twin vestibules, each with its own window, ensure you both have gear storage and a way out without waking your tent mate.
- Pegs are upgraded to DAC J-stakes, with a V-cross section that holds better than needle or wire styles.
- Guy lines are reflective and have glove-friendly tensioners.
- Undyed canopy fabrics ands poles anodized without heavy metals reduce its environmental impact.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||33-denier nylon|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyethylene|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||54 x 18 x 18cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.8sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.