Does your family like to challenge themselves and the weather? The Nimbus is light enough for paddling trips or to tote into a backcountry basecamp, yet roomy enough for five. Its reinforced dome frame and long fly make waiting out that storm a worry-free adventure.
- Spacious hooped vestibule keeps grimy gear, clothes, or pets out of the main tent.
- Back door provides additional exit options for minimal nighttime disturbance.
- Vents in the canopy, fly, and vestibule for comfort in warmer weather.
- Lots of internal stash pockets to keep everyone organized.
- New cam cleat tensioners let you adjust the guy lines without pulling-and-threading.
- Pegs are upgraded to DAC J-stakes, with a V-cross section that holds better than needle or wire styles.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.55m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||57 x 24 x 24cm|
|Pole diameter||8.5 mm 9.5 mm 10.2 mm 11.1mm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.6sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.