The all-time classic Technical Friend is revamped. Helium Friends have a larger range, longer stems, lower triggers, and an ergonomic thumb loop. The increased range (about 20% more) creates a bigger overlap between sizes, so there's a better chance the piece will fit an intended placement. Functionally you get more placements when carrying fewer units. Although rejigged and 6% lighter than prio, these cams stay true to many of the original concepts that Friends first demonstrated: that constant cam angle, single stem and single axle combination give a stability and predictability when loaded.
- Cams are hot-forged aluminum. Axle is stainless steel.
- Single axle with 13.75-degree cam angle. All units are rated to 12kN.
- Full-strength cam stops provide passive protection if the cam should open.
- 12mm Dyneema® sling. The increased length means you may not need to use an extender, saving time, weight and preserving energy.
- Full floating trigger with independent cam triggering.
- Colour-coded for ease of racking and selecting.
|Stem||Single stainless steel|
The maximum force generated by a fall the equipment can withstand. The range includes all sizes.
|Three sigma tested||Yes|
|Made in||United Kingdom|