Slide this compact layer on under shell when you get up to make the coffee. Carry it for a little warmth insurance throughout the day and snuggle back inside it when the sun dips back down behind the col. Two types of insulation are strategically placed. PrimaLoft® ONE 100g polyester insulates the shoulder yoke and neck where it’s likely to get damp or compressed. Throughout the torso, 800 fill-power down provides serious warmth.
- Shell is a 15-denier nylon ripstop with a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating.
- Quilted, sewn-through construction.
- Neckline sits prominently high, retaining heat and protecting your neck and the bottom of your head from icy blasts.
- Elastic binding in armholes keeps drafts out
- 2 deep handwarmer pockets.
- Single zippered security pocket inside chest.
- Front zipper is full-length with an internal wind flap and chin guard to protect your skin.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.